Passive PoE Injector and Splitter kit with 3.5 mm x 1.35 mm DC Connectors
- 1.35mm x 3.5 mm jack / plug injector / splitter kit
- When used with 5 volt IP security cameras; see description for runs longer than 10 feet
- For operation to 328 ft, please see our WS-POE-5v-kit on Amazon
- Commonly used with Foscam W type cameras that use 5v; also see our 8 and 12 port injectors
- Expert USA Tech Support – call 512 479 0317
Passive Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) allows low cost of delivery of power over the network cable. This scheme allows power to be carried on 10/100 networks over the spare, unused pairs of a CAT5, CAT5E, or CAT6 Ethernet network cable.
Depending on distance (see our online PoE Calculator) the power source could be the power supply that came with the wireless access point, IP video surveillance camera, etc. This set contains a very cost effective injector and breakout or splitter component. The injector inserts the DC voltage at the source location into the 3.5mm x 1.35mm injector plug. The DC voltage is then carried over the spare pairs of the 10BASE-T or 100BASE-T network cable. The breakout or splitter extracts the DC voltage from the network cable onto the 3.5mm x 1.35mm splitter jack. Also available is a 2.1mm version WS-POE-IO
Note: if you use this with a 5 volt device – keep in mind that with a 5 watt device, the ethernet cable will lose up to .4 volts every 10 feet – so the distance is limited. We have a calculator on our web page to figure this for you.
Please see our 5 volt active splitters for flawless operation up to 328 feet at Amazon item B00E80LPWU
Another method is to use a 6v power supply – this will extend the useful range to about 35 feet – but will cause the voltage at the camera to vary far outside of the stated specs.
We use these in our own installations and are making them available for others.
- This kit has 2 pieces, an Injector and a Splitter.
- Power supply shown is NOT included<
- Female RJ45 connector to 1.35mm x 3.5mm female jack
- Female RJ45 connector to 1.35mm x 3.5mm male plug
- Camera, power supply and CAT-5 cable not included
- See our distance calculator for the max ethernet cable length at the voltage you use.
Note: the distance you can power a device depends on the voltage and watts required by the device. You can use our online calculator to avoid problems. Calculate PoE